We are VR Smart Guide - we enable entrepreneurs and self-employed professionals to follow their real passion by taking the administrative and bureaucratic workload from them. From writing invoices to tax reports, with our digital solution, built by a multidisciplinary, heterogeneous team with a lot of passion and drive, we make a difference in how small businesses operate.
Being part of the engineering team
Being part of our engineering team means shaping the core of our product - the system which contains all the relevant features and services to empower entrepreneurs. Our current system is built in Ruby and we are planning a bunch of impactful new features where you can choose the most suitable technology to build scalable and sustainable components within our product.
- We are seeking an experienced Head of Engineering to help create a new digital experience that will unlock large business opportunities across the German banking market.
- Building up the team to lead the further development of our product and our tech stack
- Drive technical decision-making for the team, keep the architectural overview and develop the tech strategy in support of the product roadmap
- Find the right balance between quality and speed of delivery, and collaborate with the Product Lead about priorities for the delivery roadmap
- Based on your expertise and creativity, you will design and develop best-in-class digital and future-oriented tech solutions in the fin-tech sector side by side with the product managers
- Set new standards in the development, testing and implementation of infrastructure and features - from the database to the API interface
- Be the technical role model and go the extra mile to build, develop, and coach the team members
- Work together in our team in a cross-functional and customer-centric manner.
- First experience in hiring and leading an engineering team
- You have strong programming skills and several years of experience in web development with a modern tech stack
- You have experience with processes, tools and methods of agile product development (Scrum, Kanban, Jira, etc.)
- Currently, our backend tech stack is based on Ruby which will be assessed regarding its future suitability. Therefore, we require you to support this assessment and transform the application into the target technology using your existing engineering skills
- You have extraordinary ideas and the courage to go on new and unconventional paths
- You enjoy mentoring the team and especially junior developers
- You are fluent in English
- We provide the best from both worlds: Startup-Spirit with a strong brand in the background
- Starting with an already state-of-the-art tech stack, we aim at identifying the best suitable technologies for our future business model
- Your development - your plan. With us, you not only have a steep learning curve, and regular role development meetings, but we also support you with an educational budget for your personal and professional development (money and days)
- A hybrid office model. For us, both remote work and office hours are part of a good team atmosphere
- To live a hybrid working style, mobility plays a key role: We offer a Bahncard 100 to ensure flexibility
- 30 vacation days, plus on Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- Health management: e.g. subsidized gym membership
- Free beverages, snacks and fruits at the office