Edge Impulse enables developers to create the next generation of intelligent device solutions with embedded Machine Learning (TinyML). We believe that machine learning will enable the valuable use of the 99% of sensor data that is currently discarded due to cost, bandwidth or power constraints. Our framework provides data ingestion, labeling, training, and deployment capabilities to accelerate developer success with ML on the edge.
Reporting to the SDR global lead at Edge Impulse. The Sales Development Representative is tasked with identifying, targeting, prospecting and nurturing new Edge Impulse prospective customers. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you will make first contact with prospective customers.
What will I be accountable for?
- Listen to and understand our prospects’ initial technical, industry, and market challenges, and their contextual implications.
- Prospect contacts using outbound calls and emails that match our customer profile and receive inbound calls and service or route them accordingly.
- Nurture previously-contacted prospects with timely and useful touch points.
- Gently transition qualified prospects to enterprise sales executives or Channels.
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of Edge Impulse Studio product capabilities.
- Start-up mentality; highly motivated with problem-solving ability; self-starter with a hunter attitude.
- Good communications and presentation skills; able to present to executives, management and engineering (external and internal)
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Must fluently speak English and German, other languages a plus.
- Must have one year’s experience as an inside sales representative, in a SaaS, IoT or embedded technology company.
- Confidence necessary to reach out to prospective customers and make high volume phone and email reach outs daily.
- Powerful written and verbal skills are an absolute must.
- Can tailor communications to fit the audience and situation and accurately convey the correct understanding.
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, goal oriented, hard worker, able to multitask and prioritize appropriately.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with CRMs, dialing, marketing automation, and collaboration tools.
What we offer
- The chance to join 30 amazingly smart people in a field-defining startup.
- A well-funded company with founders who care about team, users and values.
- An awesome product with a scaling user base and great enterprise customers.
- We offer competitive pay, benefits, and stocks.
- We value work-life balance, and are building a remote-first organization.
- A fully remote team spread over three continents. We do amazingly fun offsites twice a year, and have small offices in San Jose, CA and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Fixed annual Salary + Bonus up to 58k + equity