OVIAVO is a comprehensive fertility benefits platform that helps employers attract & retain top talent while tackling diversity & inclusion. With OVIAVO, companies can support their employees with fertility and family planning benefits - including consultation, access to clinics, and treatments (i.e. egg freezing or IVF) or adoption - subsidized by the company, but safe and confidential. We educate employees, so they understand their options - a position that empowers them to be proactive rather than reactive.
We believe that everyone should have the same chances to become a parent – no matter the age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or financial means.
Interacting with other developers, designers and product managers is very much part of our day-to-day, so communication skills are vital. We are looking for “doers” who can apply their engineering skills to their task and take the responsibility for it.
You should be a passionate Senior Frontend Developer who gets excited about building multiple state of the art and user-centric SPAs in React.
- Taking ownership of designing and improving the (frontend) architecture of our platform
- Being a pragmatic hands-on frontend developer who also loves continuously improving the maturity of our react apps
- Being passionate to find the best trade offs in terms of technology and user experience by working closely with UX and Backend Specialists
You Should Have
- You have broad range of experience in modern web technologies and consider yourself a versatile all-rounder with deep knowledge of how to build stable frontend apps
- You are proficient with TypeScript, reasonably modern ES versions and a modern framework, preferably React (we use React 17+)
- You have an understanding of data structures and how to retrieve and rewire data from a backend
- You are comfortable to work in a co-creative environment with direct communication, feedback and flat structures
- You appreciate a good sense of humour in the team
- You should be an EU citizen or eligible to work in Germany
- You live in Berlin or are willing to move (from the EU)
It'd Be Nice If You Had
- You have GraphQL experience (we use Apollo, but are considering urql)
- You are interested in learning the basics of backend development with python/Django/graphene
- You have knowledge in building PWAs and perhaps even publishing them in app stores
- You have experience in mentoring less experienced developers
- We give shares to all our full time employees so you profit from our success
- Get your perfect tech set-up: We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life
- Benefit from our work from home and remote work policy
- Genuine empowerment: We believe that our platform makes a positive difference in the lives of all people, especially for women and LGBTQ+
- We have just been successfully financed and have strong investors on our side.
- We live a direct, open and appreciative culture
You want to be part of this success story? We are looking forward to receiving your online application, even if your profile doesn’t match the description 100%.
At OVIAVO, we believe in equal opportunities. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees . If you like making things that make a difference, we are looking forward to your application!