Sphaira Medical is a med-tech startup from Berlin with the vision to revolutionize medical isolation. Our goal is bringing people together no matter how dangerous the circumstances. We facilitate the closest thing to face-to-face, in person, natural interaction – without risking exposure to pathogens. How do we do this? We create MOBY™, the world’s first Mobile Protective Pod.
We are now looking for a CTO / Head of Engineering in our Berlin headquarters.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, multi-talented individual who wants to engineer innovative products from scratch and see the inside of a fast-moving startup. The ideal candidate is willing to work hard and will be responsible for engineering all our products.
You will work directly with the executive management with the simple goal of developing MOBY to production maturity. In exchange, you’ll get unique insights into a unique company, first-hand experience on entrepreneurship, a lot of responsibility, and the chance to have a real and lasting impact on healthcare globally.
- Responsible for managing the engineering from first idea to market introduction and beyond.
- Develop and construct functional models and prototypes.
- Design, develop, analyze, and test systems and sub-systems.
- Define system architecture and requirements.
- Schedule, organize, and lead progress meetings and design reviews.
- Identify and manage suppliers and conduct and oversee final assembly.
- Build and manage a top-performing R&D team.
- Ensure strict quality management according to MDR and FDA and manage product risks.
- Master’s degree in a related technical field (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, technical business administration, physics).
- Proven track record and 4+ yrs. experience of managing international projects.
- Must-have: Experience in mechanical engineering, new product introduction projects and in regulated product development, e.g. medical devices or the automotive industry, as well as applicable standards (e.g. IEC, ISO, ASTM, UL)
- Nice-to-have: Experience in user-centric innovation and mass production.
- V-model approach expertise for requirements traceability and link to test evidence.
- Knowledgeable with CAD, FEM, thermoforming, electronics, and software.
- Can-do attitude: Manage project risks and take action to keep the project on track.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with restricted resources.
- Excellent communication skills in German and English (Deutsch wird vorausgesetzt).
- Challenging and varied tasks in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- A lot of responsibility from the start.
- Close collaboration with the founders and first-hand experience on entrepreneurship.
- Significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a small, innovative, and dynamic team.
- Expect an exciting environment with real impact and a great team.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to meeting you. Submit your CV and all relevant working documents online now!