Are you passionate about Energy Transition and Industry 4.0 ?
Join METRON, a fast-growing start-up using big-data & artificial intelligence to reduce the carbon footprint and energy consumption of Industry and Territories.
Founded in 2013, METRON has developed an energy intelligence platform for industrial factories. By harnessing multiple sources of data generated by industrial systems, METRON Energy Virtual Assistant leverages the latest machine learning capabilities and dedicated knowledge bases to proactively identify energy savings opportunities, connect to decentralized energy resources and turn energy into a profit center. More than 130 experts, data scientists and energy engineers are based in Europe, Latin America, the Middle-East and Asia helping industrial clients in all sectors to maximize value from their energy data and support them with the implementation of energy efficiency optimizations.
METRON has already raised more than 20M€ and aims to be the first Cleantech Unicorn.
We are currently recruiting a Business Development Manager Germany and EMEA (FULL TIME) with a strong focus on Germany. Reporting to the EMEA Sales Department, this ambitious Business development manager will lead Metron’s market expansion in the above regions using a multichannel approach (Alliances, business providers, key accounts…).
- Develop and implement strategic commercial plan to grow the business
- Conduct appropriate research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Evangelize partners and customers on energy transition trends and best practises. Promote the company in local professional networks, business providers… using the appropriate marketing approach
- Explore and drives the advancement of all business opportunities and develop strong relationships with Industries and business leads : promoting company’s solutions, manage full sales process (deal structuring, commercial negotiations, close…)
- Maintain a high level of trust and partnership with existing customers
- Effectively manage relationships with all stakeholders
- Coordinate work streams with other departments to implement solutions
Qualifications / Major skills
- University degree or equivalent experience in business, engineering, economics…
- A natural interest for the following fields - energy transition, industrial processes, digital…
- German native and very good level of English
- Strong knowledge of industrial markets (Chemical, Cement, Glass, Food&Beverage, Iron & Steel, Pharma, etc.)
- Pioneering spirit : Proactivity, resilience, focused on achieving sales targets
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to manage various levels of stakeholders
- Appetite and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Reliable and constructive team player willing to contribute to a high-performance team in a high demanding environment
- Self-driven, highly proactive, can work with little supervision
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar position acquired in an industrial environment / energy sector
- Proven experiences and track record of building business and partnerships with German companies in Germany
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
- Experienced in long cycle negotiation and sales, you know how to build a prospecting plan over a large territory and manage a business portfolio.