We are seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business, which includes engineering, product, operations, sales and marketing.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are also passionate about fitness, we would love to meet you.
- Leading technology strategy and helping to scale product development, having experience in working on products at all stages of the life-cycle
- Developing and executing automated test scenarios to ensure the best user experience and seamless deployments
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Ensure all processes, services, and software comply with security and privacy regulations
- Developing the product (mobile / web), refine technology stack, designing and optimizing the software architecture, setting up a scalable cloud-based infrastructure, and testing the application.
- Growing an engineering team and leading it through major launches.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong Engineering background with previous hands-on development and deployment in open source technologies
- Innovative and creative, can develop unique solutions to problems and explore new ways of thinking whilst remaining business and customer-focused
- Knowledge of the general mobile landscape (Android / iOS), architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Excellent communication skills
- A team-player, personally resilient, and able to withstand working under the pressure of a fast-paced environment
- Technology stack experience that includes React, PWA, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, AWS, and Docker
- Experience in cloud-native development, DevOps/CI/CD, and cloud-based infrastructures
What we offer
An excellent opportunity for professional and personal growth
- Making a real impact in developing the product and shaping the fitness industry
- Opportunity to build and lead a team
- Dynamic development with quick decisions and flat hierarchies
- Option for virtual shares
An active startup working environment:
- Flexible working hours and home office
- Our team is sociable, diverse and fun
- Regular get-togethers, fitness/sport activities, team-building events and parties
A great space to work:
- An easily accessible and modern workplace in the center of Hamburg
- Our beautiful office space comes with free coffee, tea, water and beer
- Ping-pong table & kicker offer quality breaks