Since 2012, WorkGenius offers a unique marketplace for companies to hire qualified Freelancers around the world within seconds. Freelancers may work whenever they like, allowing them to focus on their main occupation while making a living on the side. Companies get access to a vast pool of talent on an on demand basis 24/7.
The diversity of Freelancers on the platform enables companies to get results from truly talented people in the respective field – fast and at competitive rates. Compensation is set by the company, similarly to any other marketplace. Freelancers from 63 different countries are currently registered and take on jobs without any application procedure.
What you can expect in this role
- Plan, concept, develop and test new software applications
- Providing technical, analytical and personal guidance, balancing workloads and coordinating the work of the team throughout the project processing
- Establishment of new technologies in our company`s tech stack
- You are a passionate and hands-on coder
- Guide and coach your team-members in their technical and personal skills to bring them to a higher level
- Make sure the development efforts are always aligned with the product vision
- Optimize for speed of delivery as your key metric
- Timely estimation of development tasks based on project’s requirements
- Identification, management and communication of technical risks and requirements gaps
- Recommending measures to management with regard to schedules, prioritization and resource allocation
- Ensure the maintainability and the scalability of our platform WorkGenius
The challenges ahead
- Guide and lead the developers within our project environment and enable them to take over responsibility
- Live and propagate development processes and guidelines
- Contribute to the road map of our in-house technologies
Your essential experience and education
- Approx. 2-3 years' experience as a lead developer (team size > 3 Developer)
- Very solid coding know-how in Python, HTML/CSS/JS(ES6), React, Redux
- Experience in a technical leadership position
- Agile mindset (mainly Kanban, but also Scrum)
- Familiar with PostgreSQL, AWS, Elasticsearch, API design and Object Oriented Programming
- Strongly driven and ambitious team player with an egoless behavior and way of working
- Fluent in speaking and writing English is required, German skills are a plus
- Interested in promoting new ideas and technologies
- DevOps grasp and approach "you build it, you run it"
What's in it for you?
- A multi-cultural team of around 70 employees coming from more than 17 different countries plus a flat hierarchy
- State of the art technology (hardware we use, software we use, products we develop)
- Informal working environment - no dress code
- One-on-Ones and feedback discussion with your manager on a regular basis
- High-performing team in an agile environment excited to break new grounds
- Huge variety of learning options
Sounds like your next dreamjob? Just ping us if you have any question or send us your CV to Christina ([email protected]) and we will be in touch!