Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.
Zuora is looking for a Manager to run and its East Coast Sales Development Team. The Sales Development Manager will be responsible for leading pipeline generation efforts for our Strategic business segment. The manager team will be responsible for effectively addressing qualifying and routing inbound lead as well as develop and execute outbound campaigns resulting in a high quality pipeline for our Field Sales Team. At Zuora you will get the opportunity to work in a high-speed, innovative, exciting and successful startup with amazing colleagues.
- Hire, train, coach, and motivate a savvy team (8-10) of global sales development representatives that are the first wave of Zuora’s customer conversations.
- Manage all aspects of the sales qualification funnel from inbound qualification to outbound prospecting by region, segment, and vertical.
- Demonstrate ability to coach team in driving opportunities down the funnel by collaborating with Account Executives, getting wider in accounts, and expanding the value prop of Zuora within Prospect Accounts.
- Partner with sales to establish strong creation, allocation, and acceleration of pipeline to fuel Zuora’s sales teams.
- Manage reporting to sales directors on a bi-weekly basis, with ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Identify future goals and enable team members rapid career advancement to sales positions.
- Measure and monitor sales funnel activity for predictable pipeline building. Analyze and interpret key metrics, recommend changes, and drive continuous improvement.
- Manage past the number and find ways to enhance Zuora’s sales process to generate a higher quantity and more efficient bookings.
- 4-8+ years of experience in marketing, lead generation, sales development or relevant sales experience required
- 3+ years proven leadership and staff development skills, including building and managing a team
- Proven track record of managing and scaling to a large staff count
- Track record of successfully developing staff members and strong promotion/attrition ratios
- Metrics-driven, and the ability to showcase examples of demand generation campaigns or Sales Development motions
- Demonstrated ability to provide positive cultural influence over groups
- Strong knowledge and experience using Salesforce.com and general systems savvy
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong, cross-functional business relationships
- Ability to develop strategic and tactical plans on an ongoing basis to sales and marketing leadership
- Deep understanding and experience in SaaS industry
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business Administration or Management or a related field preferred