About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.
To learn more visit zuora.com.
The Site Reliability Engineer will be responsible for helping to manage a large-scale production environment, including conducting system administration, integration, and software development activities. This position will assist with managing every aspect of the production environment, including datacenter, Cloud, and hardware components.
- Conduct troubleshooting across a wide technology stack and use problem-solving techniques, such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
- Build and test highly reliable and scalable systems.
- Implement knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, and storage technologies and concepts.
- Work within complex SaaS and/or production revenue-critical web services environments.
- Implement Shell, Python, Bash, and Ansible scripting to automate tasks and gather data.
- Perform performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, and continual improvement and capacity planning for production in a virtualized SaaS environment.
- Implement UNIX-based systems in a large-scale production environment, such as RHEL 7+, Ubuntu 16.04+, or CentOS 7+. Work with database servers, such as Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB and/or Postgres.
- Write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reports, technical diagrams and flowcharts.
- Adhere to policies, procedures and standards relating to systems management and recommend process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Electronic Engineering or a closely related field.
- 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in the same or similar occupation.
- 2 years of experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible and/or Chef.
- 2 years of experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- 2 years of experience with monitoring, trending, and logging tools, such as Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Cloudwatch, and/or Splunk.
- 4 years of experience with Unix/Linux operating system internals and administration.
- 4 years of experience with Shell, Python, SQL, PL/SQL, and Bash scripting to automate tasks and conduct data gathering.
- 4 years of experience with various programming languages, such as C++ or Java, and Nodejs.
- 4 years of experience working with Oracle databases, including scripting.
- 4 years of experience working with Webservers/Appservers, such as Apache Tomcat, Apache or Ngnix, and SSL/TLS protocols.
Job Location: Zuora offices located at 2841 Junction Ave, Suite 201, San Jose, CA 95134.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to [email protected].