The Solution Architect is a key member of the Professional Services team responsible for the design and architecture of Zuora solutions. The position requires strong consulting skills with the ability to effectively command a room. The Solution Architect plays a lead role during the implementation identifying and documenting client business requirements, mapping and configuring the Zuora solution to meet the requirements, and providing guidance to the client to achieve a successful implementation. They must identify potential issues and risks early in an implementation to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans. A solid candidate will have an innate ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions.
- Design and validate that the proposed solution architecture supports the stated and implied business requirements.
- Review technical team deliverables for compliance with architecture standards, guidelines and leverages best practices.
- Articulate and present different point of views on various technologies.
- Present Architecture deliverables such as Ecosystem and Integration diagrams, BRD, Business Process Flows, Swimlanes, Visios and Mockups.
- Exhibit strong executive presence and ability to interact with key project sponsors.
- Must have at least 5 years enterprise level experience, within a professional services organization, as a Solution Architect and/or Senior Business Consultant with a leading technology consulting company, delivering moderate to complex ERP, billing, Q2C, QTC, OTC, CPQ and/or salesforce.com solutions (Force.com platform a plus).
- Master of Science in Computer Science or in Business preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to lead business discussions with customers and architect the value of our solution and the best practices to implement it.
- Experience in requirements gathering, use cases documentation, business analysis, systems design and integration, user interface design and implementation.
- Experience in data analysis, conversion and migration, interfaces and reports.
- Experience with gap analysis and blueprint development.
- Experience with system design using configuration and/or customization, integration, testing and support.
- Experience in delivering end to end solutions through the entire SDLC - right from running the client facing workshops, design, build, test, deployment, UAT and handover.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Must be a strong team player with excellent communication skills at the business and technical level, able to collaborate as part of a team to deliver exceptional customer results in a rapid paced implementation environment.
- Experience managing tasks on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to travel up to 60% of the time.