We are in the midst of a once-in-a-century shift in business models. Consumers are choosing outcomes over ownership. The world is shifting to subscriptions. Zuora is The Subscription Economy® Leader, at the heart of this shift, enabling business and subscriber freedom across the globe. Zuora’s leading subscription management platform helps businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. In short, Zuora is Powering the Subscription Economy® with our unified order-to-cash system. Zuora supports over 1000 customers worldwide including Dell, Vivint, Schneider Electric, Box, The Financial Times, and General Motors. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, and Tokyo.
Zuora’s product team is looking for a Senior Product Manager with strong technical aptitude and prior experience collaborating with engineering teams to deliver innovative SaaS business applications and solutions. At the Senior Product Manager level, candidates must have both a proven track record building technical platform services and a desire drive amazing new product capabilities.
On the Zuora product team:
- We obsess about user experience, and our customers represent small startups to Fortune 50 enterprises;
- We are deeply involved in driving product design, from both an API and UI perspective;
- We strive for customer intimacy and meet with our customers regularly to review user experience and design and to ensure we are meeting customers’ needs and solving customer problems;
- We deliver mission critical solutions, so we have to think about scale, performance, compatibility and extensive downstream impacts;
- We lead product innovation from initial strategy through delivery and customer adoption.
This position is for an experienced Mid or Senior Product manager who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment and loves working with a great technology team.
- Own the end-to-end product lifecycle for Zuora’s platform services driving user configurability, standards, scalability and stability.
- Drive product vision, strategy, and roadmap for multiple product domains.
- Be the product domain expert, understand the market and customer needs and the competition.
- Own end-to-end feature delivery, including working with user experience on prototypes, writing detailed design documents, creating and prioritizing user stories, analyzing user data to drive decision making and documenting delivery of monthly releases.
- Cultivate customer empathy and develop deep insights into customer needs and how platform services addresses those needs.
- Develop competitive expertise to assist in outbound product positioning and inform internal development priorities.
- Assist product marketing with core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Represent Zuora as a domain and product expert at industry events, customer visits, and other outbound activities
- Ability to think like a CEO to drive the success of Zuora’s platform services.
- Leadership through influence rather than organization structures. Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with cross-functional product development teams and manage interactions across product areas.
- At least 4+ years of relevant, hands-on product management experience and demonstrated success at leading enterprise software SaaS companies.
- Solid understanding of relevant technology and tools including APIs, cloud solutions and programming languages and how SaaS integrations work.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, microservices, and event-driven architecture.
- Strong product design skills, from both a technical API and user interface design perspective
- Demonstrated success defining and shipping products in an iterative manner, with a hands-on willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective.
- Experience transforming product strategy into well-articulated business requirements, as well as using qualitative and quantitative data effectively to inform product direction and prioritization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as functional / technical deep dives.
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work with distributed engineering, sales, and services teams.
- Passion for the market and opportunity Zuora is pursuing.
Domain experience developing platform services and infrastructure technologies for enterprise SaaS companies is highly recommended.
Undergraduate computer science degree is strongly preferred.