Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®.
Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 900 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in San Mateo, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, New York, San Francisco, San Jose, Chennai, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.
The Senior Analyst of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting is an accounting and reporting professional who has prior experience preparing financial statements and footnotes, SEC filings and researching and documenting technical accounting memos. The candidate will report to the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
Success in this role is dependent on excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, a thorough understanding of preparing financial statements and footnotes, the ability to understand and document complex accounting issues, and experience preparing SEC filings including Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K.
- Draft all SEC filings including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K earnings release, and others as needed. Review XBRL tagging as prepared by our service provider.
- Prepare and maintain support binders for all SEC filings
- Prepare the consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures and complete the disclosure checklist and similar questionnaires
- Write technical accounting memos for new and existing accounting standards and prepare financial statement and other disclosures for filing with the SEC
- Work closely with auditors and prepare documentation to support audit requests
- Manage the software capitalization process each quarter by meeting with project managers and HR to capitalize costs under internal-use software guidance
- Work closely with other teams across the company to gather information necessary for SEC reporting
- Maintain existing financial controls and documentation procedures
- Provide technical accounting support to other teams across the company
- Roll forward and maintain projects within Workiva for our SEC filings
- Assist in other areas relevant to technical accounting and reporting
- Bachelor's degree (accounting or business administration)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- 3-5 years of SEC reporting experience at a U.S. publicly traded company
- CPA and/or Big 4 auditing experience preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and significant experience preparing financial statements, footnotes and SEC filings
- Builds partnerships across the company with other staff, managers and executives, particularly in accounting, legal, HR, equity and product development
- Self-driven, works well under pressure and consistently meets rigid deadlines
- Experience using NetSuite and Workiva or similar reporting tools