In the new Subscription Economy® customers are happier subscribing to the outcomes they want, when they want them, rather than purchasing a product with the burden of ownership. We believe that one day, every company will be part of the Subscription Economy.
We’re looking for a passionate and innovative design intern who loves developing customer empathy, sharing their stories, is a creative problem-solver and advocate for beautiful and seamless end-to-end experiences. We celebrate diversity and inclusion of all candidates. We believe our designs should be accessible to all users.
What you’ll achieve:
- Develop deep customer empathy through engagement and research, continually testing hypotheses and learning
- Schedule and coordinate with user research participants with multiple calendars
- Craft emails, surveys and customer interview templates for user research sessions
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative findings from user research sessions with enterprise customers into actionable insights that will shape product experience decisions
- Handle the distribution of small incentives to gift user study participants
- Develop craft and storytelling ability with a point of view that’s backed by design rationale, data and customer insights through design and presentation
- Help design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Strong communication and presentation skills to develop empathy and influence
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, and Customer Success to measure usability
- Partner with interaction designers to distill complex products into simple and elegant solutions
- Contribute ideas and concepts to create emotionally engaging user flows, storyboards, wireframes, interactions, prototypes, design specifications, and presentations focusing on user research insights and information architecture to articulate a user’s journey
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree and/or Masters in Design or relevant field (graphic, visual communications, human computer interaction, product, industrial, or industry equivalent experience)
- Great creative skills across web and mobile responsive experiences
- Passion for testing products using design principles and methods, innovation, and ideation tools
- Proficiency with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision), sketching and storyboarding for rapid experimentation
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Docs, and survey creation tools
- Masterful at creating lo and hi fidelity prototypes to quickly storytell a variety of concepts, get customer feedback, and iterate on designs
- Ability to work well with ambiguity in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Organized and self-motivated to able to manage the completion of multiple projects in a timely manner
- Great communication, presentation, and storytelling ability
- Work well with teams, read people and collaborate cross-functionally
- A great attitude – hungry, humble, and willing to learn
- Sweat the details but also can articulate the big picture
- A strong online portfolio which demonstrates both process and creative execution
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,000 passionate and innovative ZEOs. ZEO Culture isn’t an empty branding effort. We take it very seriously and we have a daring desire to do things differently. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.