Zuora is searching for a Sales Compensation Manager who will lead and manage commissions operations globally. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with a solid working knowledge of Sales Incentive Compensation principles and related operational execution. This individual thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role will be successful through strong communication, cross-functional partnership and proactive collaboration in order to support our continued growth and success. This role will be reporting to the Controller.
This roles’ primary goal is to ensure that the sales team are paid accurately and on time. This role is also responsible for understanding the commission forecast and help model and forecast the commission expense.
The Sales Commissions Manager will supervise one direct report and will work with Finance Business Partners, Sales Executives, and Human Resources to establish best practices, as well as drive on-going process refinement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of sales commissions calculations and reporting.
- Manage the administration and payment of sales variable compensation.
- Own worldwide sales commissions calculations, reporting, policies and other relevant processes.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of Zuora’s business models, Go-to-Market strategies and Sales processes to align with business needs.
- Program manage the global design, delivery and governance of all commission plans.
- Manage and mentor one commissions analyst.
- Ownership of commissions systems process and infrastructure
- Design and build all compensation plan structures within Xactly
- Research compensation issues and disputes and provide analysis to facilitate resolution.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of monthly accruals, deferrals, reconciliations and provide fluctuation analysis for commissions accounting.
- Assist external audit firm on commission related matters for quarterly reviews and annual audits and ad hoc requests.
- Ensure compliance with SOX for compensation documents, processes, programs and policies.
- Understand the crediting rules and special considerations by team and ensures these are implemented correctly
- Liaison between commissions team and other stakeholders
- Initiative to improve processes: looks for ways to drive improvement and leads implementation
- Over 7 years of forward-thinking finance, accounting, commissions and/or project management experience with focus on sales incentive pay and processes.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics or other quantitative fields preferred
- Strong project management skills, and in-depth knowledge of sales compensation plan processes and procedures
- Ability to partner, collaborate and influence across functional areas (e.g., Sales, Finance, Operations and People)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic setting while maintaining accuracy and delivering against deadlines
- Motivated to work cross-functionally in a role which supports multiple business partners
- Understanding of SaaS business model
- Experience with Sales Commissions tools (i.e. Xactly, Adaptive Insights)
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to multitask and manage team to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Applicant should have flexibility, an open mind, and a strong willingness to learn