We are a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.
As Software Engineering Manager at Zuora, your overall goal is to help your team stay productive and engaged. Specific responsibilities include:
- leading by example with respect to code quality, testing and documentation
- continuously refining the team's ability to set clear priorities, estimate effort and set accurate expectations regarding delivery dates
- moderating the collaboration between team members and senior engineering leaders on the design and implementation of new architectural patterns
- identifying ways to improve the tools and processes that the team uses to build, test and release code
- supporting Product Managers as they work with the team to deliver product features
- working with our Documentation, Support and Customer Success teams to provide help, fix customer-reported bugs and handle escalations
- identifying individual career goals and working closely with each team member to achieve them
- managing team dynamics and inspiring collective morale
- fostering a strong culture of customer empathy, encouraging the team to focus first on solving customer problems
participating in the process of locating, screening and interviewing engineering candidates
As a Software Engineering Manager at Zuora, you must be able to hold your own in technical discussions, and the ability and desire to do at least some coding is a plus. However, you play a supporting rather than leading role in the technical and product design process.
- 8+ years’ experience building software products, particularly multi-tiered or distributed web applications
- 2+ years managing teams of at least 3 other engineers
- working knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems
- Proven track records in owning and delivering commercial software products
- Excellent communication skills, Innovative thinking and can-do attitude.