Hello world! We’re Zuora
We are a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.
We are looking for a Trainee, to work with other engineers on the team to improve the scalability and reliability of Zuora RevPro’s Revenue Recognition and Automation Software. You will be part of the Global Trainee team, based in Chennai, India & San Jose, US.
- Improve and build upon our automation tools for systems provisioning, monitoring, trending, and management.
- Communicate effectively with fellow Trainee and other engineering teams, and describe problems succinctly with sufficient detail that you can hand-off an ongoing problem to another team or a peer for completion.
- Manage real-time communications during outages with both technical and non- technical audiences
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a global team maintaining the availability and performance.
- Database Support on 24/7 environment
- Monitoring Database Sessions and processes
- Strategize with fellow Trainees and other engineering teams on complex problems, and make decisions and recommendations about systems improvements after analyzing possible courses of conduct.
- Perform performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, continual improvement and capacity planning for production, virtualized environment
- Develop policies and procedures that improve overall platform stability.
- Participate in reviews of outages in order to improve overall product stability.
- Build relationships with development teams and technology leaders across the company
- Knowledge with Oracle database technologies and good knowledge in SQL, PL/SQL code, and Oracle database performance tuning and optimization.
- Oracle DBA knowledge.
- Effective communication skills, whether talking to individual contributors or to executive management
- Good Knowledge on Oracle Backup utilities like EXP/IMP, EXPDP/IMPDP and RMAN .
- Should be able to handle the situations and be capable of multitasking roles.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Basic knowledge with Unix/Linux system especially in RedHat/Ubuntu environment
- Ready to monitoring in a 24/7 web application and e-commerce environments.
- Managing Tablespaces, User Accounts and act based on the Alert mechanism.
- Backup management as per the policy defined and ensure the successful completion to meet the policy.
- Should be able to Handle Clients through Mails/Calls and ability to manage user's requirements.
- Ready to work in night shift
- E or MCA Degree in Computer Science or other technical fields.
- Ability to handle the periodic on-call duty