We are a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.
The Software Engineer, Platform Engineering will be responsible for building components and services that help make Zuora’s core product customizable and configurable. This includes notification services, hosting services, data connectors, Application Programming Interfaces (API) for configuration, and workflow and orchestration services. The Software Engineer, Platform Engineering will take responsibility for all phases of implementation, including problem and solution scoping, laying initial technical groundwork, database integration design, automated testing, and release management.
- Design and implement an innovative and exemplary Business-to-Business and Business-to-Customer subscription platform and applications using JVM and JEE technologies in a multi-tenant based environment.
- Design and develop highly flexible common components and APIs that enable the build of custom solutions.
- Develop innovative, ground-breaking applications on a Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS) model.
- Collaborate with software architects and senior developers to design application modules using object-oriented design methods.
- Design and construct integrations allowing the exchange of data with remote systems using Java over SOAP or REST.
- Work closely with QA engineers to design, implement and build and test solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a closely related field.
- 1-7 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in the same or similar occupation. Alternate Education/Experience Requirement: Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a closely related field; and 2 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in the same or similar occupation. Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Experience with software development, design, and implementation experience in the finance and technology industry, specifically using multiple shard database architecture.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions with Java technologies.
- Experience with application performance profiling and tuning.
- Experience building highly flexible Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Experience implementing Java over SOAP and/or REST to allow seamless data integration with remote systems.
- Experience with finance, enterprise integration, subscription billing, business reporting and/or time series analytics.