Customers have changed. In the new Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo) customers are happier subscribing to the outcomes they want, when they want them, rather than purchasing a product with the burden of ownership. We believe that one day, every company will be part of the Subscription Economy. It drives everything we do – our technology, our community, our knowledge, and our people. Zuora’s leading SaaS subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to a subscription model and open new revenue streams. Today, Zuora is powering subscription businesses in practically every industry—software, hardware, media, transportation, construction, healthcare, education, retail, IoT, and many others. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo. Join us and build a world Subscribed!
We are actively looking for a talented Senior Software Developer in Test, to join our growing platform engineering team. In this role, you will work with passionate engineers, wear multiple hats, thrive in a rapidly-changing, entrepreneurial environment and be a significant contributor to a tightly dedicated and focused team building Zuora’s next generation Revenue management platform.
- Work in a mix of challenging technologies including SaaS (we are a Java shop), cloud technologies in a microservices based architecture, Oracle, SQL, MySQL and CI/CD solutions (Jenkins, AWS)
- Participate in design discussions with development and product management in order to create effective test strategies
- Develop test plans and test scripts for products and features under development
- Develop and run specialized tests to observe product scalability, fault tolerance, stability and backward compatibility
- Work closely with development to develop scalable automation strategy for Zuora products
- Operate in an agile/scrum development environment
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in various time zones
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant education/experience
- 3+ years in software testing, test automation or test development role, preferably in Billing/Invoicing/Revenue or Data domain
- A strong understanding of OO programming and concepts, preferably in Java
- Experience with technologies including Java, SQL, MySQL, SQL, REST API’s, and Databases, supported by tests in Junit and other preferable tools, etc.
- Experience with Test Automation Tools a plus (Selenium, Java etc.)
- Experience in testing API testing Rest Services/Postman
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS EC2, Docker, Redshift, EMR) is a plus
- Experience testing in a distributed system, service-oriented architecture or SaaS product is a huge advantage
- ERP knowledge is a plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations