GoCardless processes billions in payments each year. Tens of thousands of businesses across the UK and beyond rely on us to handle their payments, and hundreds more sign up every week. As we look to the future, those businesses will be larger, more demanding, and present in multiple countries - and so will we.
We care as much about building a brilliant working environment as we do about building our business, and that means we need someone to support us through this exciting phase of growth, and to make sure that our facilities provide the team with the best possible spaces to work in.
Joining the people team, you will be responsible for ensuring our team have a happy, healthy and efficient workplace. This is an incredibly varied and busy role, and you’ll work closely with the senior management team to help us define future facilities requirements, identify amazing spaces that will support our growth and help our teams thrive.
Some of the main elements of the role will involve:
- Support our expansion plans both locally and internationally by investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises
- Lease negotiations and ongoing relationship management with landlords
- Project management and coordination of contractors works, including office fit outs and refurbishments
- Procurement and contract management, including preparing documents to put out tenders for suppliers/contractors and calculating costs comparisons for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Managing health and safety to ensure our building(s) meets necessary requirements, our facilities comply with legislation, and - most importantly - our people have a safe environment to work in
- Space planning & management - planning best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising current premises
- The management of 3rd party contracts, such as cleaning, security, utilities, and communications infrastructure
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have demonstrable experience In a similar role at a fast growth business
- You have significant experience project managing office fit out projects
- You have experience identifying and setting up office locations outside of the UK
- You have incredible attention to detail (you love a good spreadsheet)
- You are well organised and super proactive
- You keep calm under pressure, and you’re able to effectively prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- You are approachable and willing to go the extra mile
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.