Who are we?
At RaiseMe, we imagine a world where every student has an opportunity to realize their college and career ambitions, and we believe that expanded access to education is the foundation of that future. By partnering with colleges to offer incremental “micro-scholarships” to reward students individual academic and extracurricular progress throughout high school, we aim empower millions of students to build their personal path to college, while making paying for it clearer and and more transparent.
More than 1.2 million students have earned micro-scholarships for college on RaiseMe to-date, and we’ve only just begun.
Our team is made up of a group of scrappy, solutions-oriented thinkers and doers who are passionate about transforming students’ paths to higher education for the better.
What would you do?
We’re looking for a motivated, hardworking and savvy college student to join RaiseMe’s Growth team as an intern supporting the project management of our content marketing, digital and social media, and community engagement efforts. Your responsibilities will grow based on your performance and the skills you want to learn. Some projects may include:
- Content Marketing -- operationalizing RaiseMe’s editorial strategy by pitching, writing, and producing quick-turnaround articles, longer-lead features, and/or multimedia photo and audio content focused on helping high school students navigate the college prep and discovery journey.
- Community Management -- act as a project manager for our Student Editorial Board, serving as editor facilitating regular check-ins with student contributors to our online community
- Social Media -- enhance RaiseMe’s social media presence by crafting content in line with our brand voice, guidelines and engagement objectives. Collaborate across communications, content marketing, and design to produce creative, engaging, and helpful multimedia for our high school student community across channels (e.g., Instagram Stories, Snapchat, Twitter, Youtube). Graphic design or light video editing experience is a plus! An appreciation for pop culture and meme-savviness are also appreciated. :)
- External Relations -- support brand marketing and public relations projects by building thorough research and prep documents, and assisting in the creation of copy, graphics, and physical print collateral collateral prior to major announcements and/or new product launches.
What would your commitment be?
20 - 30 hours a week for 4 months (semester or summer term) or more; negotiable depending on schedules & performance
This might be for you if you’re...
(Must be a rising college sophomore, junior, or senior with a track record of high performance and/or entrepreneurial experience).
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you’re in a rush to do it. Bonus points if you have worked in education or have a
- Focused: You are willing to wear many hats and are adept at multitasking without losing sight of your priorities.
- A Doer: You’re a self-starter who embraces challenges, brings your ideas to life and takes pride in results. You’re resourceful, willing to use whatever is in your toolkit to get things done, regardless of the obstacles.
- Not Fearful of Failure: You view failure as a step closer to figuring out what works. Taking on a huge, complex challenge excites you, even if you don’t know where to begin.
- Data-Driven: You use data and testable hypotheses to make decisions and improve your results over time.
- A Talented Communicator: Abraham Lincoln has nothing on you. When you’re passionate about a cause, you’re able to rally everyone around you.
A monthly monetary stipend will be offered based on experience.
What are the other benefits?
Learn valuable skills by working in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team within a growing startup. Have an impact on the business and help build the future of edtech. Go to work every day knowing that you’re building a product that will narrow the achievement gap and enable more students to achieve their college and career ambitions.
Our sunny warehouse loft is centrally located in the heart of San Francisco’s vibrant Mission District, with easy access to BART, coffee shops, and all the burritos you could ever want.