At RaiseMe, we're focused on ensuring that all students have the opportunity to achieve their college and career ambitions. We're looking for passionate, high-achievers who want to build a company that will help millions of students. If that's you, join our team!
What would you do?
- Work collaboratively with software engineers to deploy and operate our production environment.
- Maintain and extend our existing Chef cookbooks.
- Support our Rails application infrastructure.
- Support our data layer, (Mongo Postgres Redshift) and ETL.
- Build and maintain CI/CD tools and processes.
- Create and maintain AWS environments to support new and existing application services.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our production, staging, and development environments.
- Help define our organizational security, including AWS credentialing, user account provisioning, and internal data.
- Create and maintain documentation for security processes and procedures. Train users on good security processes and ensure that good processes are followed.
- Define security rules for a centralized equipment management system (Jamf/Casper).
- Participate in Primary and Secondary on call rotation (with all of Development)
Who we are looking for
- 3+ years of DevOps experience, preferably in a startup environment.
- AWS experience including VPCs, auto-scaling groups, and security group definitions.
- AWS IAM credential management and/or SSH key management.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible or other instance level configuration management.
- Ability to effectively cross-train others; excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and thrive in a constantly evolving environment.
- Nice to have: Experience developing security policies and procedures, both externally and internally facing.
- Understanding and working knowledge of G-suite, Jamf/Casper or other fleet management software.
This job might be for you if you’re:
- Automate All The Things: You see the value in infrastructure as code and enjoy watching a fleet of machines build themselves to adjust to changing traffic patterns.
- Like Being The Primary Firefighter: On the rare occasion that there is an issue in production, you like solving technical puzzles in real time.
- Are Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place.