RaiseMe is hiring a Business Development Associate, based in San Francisco, CA.
What would you do?
- Work closely with Business Development Managers to create customized plans for sales territories and support sales cycle success
- Identify prospective college partners based on their mission alignment and history of commitment to student success
- Research past relationship history between prospective college partners and RaiseMe
- Create plan for prospective college partner meetings based on research reports you have done on the institution; provide follow up proposals and analysis based on prospective partner needs
- Build and manage a pipeline of prospective college partners, ensuring that Salesforce.com contains accurate account details and contact information for both partners and prospects
- Manage and respond to inbound requests from prospective or current partners in a timely manner
- Work with the team on conference planning; prepare meetings and presentations, and assess attendee lists
- Join calls with executives from colleges across the country and build knowledge of enrollment management and sales
- Identify opportunities to improve our product offering based on deep knowledge of our students’ and partners’ needs
- Have the opportunity to grow into a full sales position as a Business Development Manager at RaiseMe, with career development and progression
Who we are looking for:
For the Business Development Associate role, we are looking for someone with 1-3 years of experience in a client-facing role, preferably sales. Our Business Development team includes individuals from diverse backgrounds, including banking, consulting, education, and tech. We are looking for candidates who are hungry to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment and who have a proven track record of success in their past roles and experiences. We are hiring for both junior and senior roles.
This job might be for you if you are:
- A Doer: You are driven, self-motivated and a self-starter who brings your ideas to life and takes pride in results. You are resourceful and find ways to get things done regardless of the obstacles. You are not fearful of failure and realize that failure is often a step closer to figuring out what works. Taking on complex challenges excites you, even if you have to ask for help or spend some time figuring out where to begin.
- Organized: You are detail oriented and can handle having a variety of different projects on your plate at one time because you are good at keeping track of them. You can create structure for yourself to be most successful.
- A Talented Communicator: You are a “people person” who enjoys communicating with people and has a strong awareness of those around you. You are thoughtful about the ways you communicate and the impact that may have on a client. You have the ability to sense when a conversation is progressing in a positive or negative way and have the confidence to address concerns. When you are passionate about a cause, you are able to rally everyone around you.
- Confident but Self-Critical: You are confident in your skills and the quality of your work product. At the same time you are not afraid to ask for help and want to constantly be improving. You are looking for professional development and mentorship in order to reach your full-potential in your role.
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you are in a rush to do it. You may have worked in education or edtech before or your desire to improve education may come through in other experiences from your life.
What will success look like for you at RaiseMe?
- You will have learned quickly as a Business Development Associate, grown professionally and personally, and progressed on the Business Development team to take ownership over your own sales region.
- You have helped millions of students to achieve their potential and fulfill their college ambitions. The product and company you have helped build transform the way billions of dollars in financial aid are distributed each year.
- You have built strong relationships with senior leaders from top universities, corporations, and foundations across the country.
- You have helped build a category-defining company and have an attractive equity stake.
- You have learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience.