We are looking for a highly driven, product-oriented developer eager to join our founding team.
Your foremost responsibility will be to develop the backend systems that power Tia. Most immediately, this will involve designing and scaling the conversational system that powers the Tia chatbot, with a specific focus on enabling data collection through the conversational framework & building algorithms to generate personalized and predictive health recommendations for our users. Overtime, this system will scale to other ways of sharing and collecting data.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving, user-centric design, and creating high-quality products is essential. Must be located in or willing to move to San Francisco.
What you’ll do:
- Design & build an innovative consumer app that collects core information about women's health and delivers personalized insights and results to users.
- Build tools that transform unstructured natural language conversations into automated conversations that can be deployed at scale
- Create a framework for providing women with predictive insights about their health
- Work closely with Head of Engineering on code reviews, tech stack architecture, design, and implementation
- Collaborate with Head of Product to define product vision, roadmap & ship new features
- Collaborate with iOS and frontend developers to define requirements and generate system designs
- Develop, test, and iterate on prototypes quickly
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of product
- You have an intense drive to achieve excellence, are creative, scrappy, and pay close attention to detail
- You are a self-starter and highly independent, but also seek-out a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- You have a solid understanding of data science, natural language processing and machine learning systems
- You have experience with backend development (Node.js, postgres). Experience with websockets and chatbots is a plus.
- You love design-thinking and rapid prototyping.
- You thrive in working with interdisciplinary teams, aka you’re cool talking tech with non techies
- You’re passionate about women’s healthcare
Why you’ll love working at Tia:
- We’re a small team that moves fast and ships new products weekly. Working on Tia means that you have immediate impact on the product, and can see your work in production days if not hours from when you wrote your unit test.
- You have a huge opportunity to shape Tia, from systems architecture to how we celebrate team wins -- while our culture is defined it’s not definitive, and we’re looking for smart, hardworking and passionate people to be culture adds at Tia.
- Have the opportunity to work with a team of best-in-class engineers who know how to run across their stack, hack solutions and architect beautiful solutions -- all while operating in a lean, start-up environment.
- We champion individual ownership, self-starters, and personal growth on and off the job
- Collaborative thinking is our mojo
- We’re a tight knit team that focuses on celebrating each other’s wins, and improving one another through the losses
- A strong affinity for tacos, post-it notes, grooving to jamz during the work day, and team building is a must.