Tia is a venture-backed women’s health-tech startup for millennial women by millennial women. Our mission is to help women make independent and informed decisions for their own bodies, health and lives with confidence. Through technology, design, and a whole lot of sass, we’re reimagining women’s healthcare from the ground up. Today, Tia is a part-machine, part-human-powered assistant you privately message with about birth control and sexual health. Overtime, our aim is to establish Tia as the trusted women’s health brand and marketplace — the starting place for millennial women’s healthcare online.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly driven iOS developer eager to join our young and growing team. As Tia's first full-time iOS developer. Your foremost responsibility will be to develop and support the current frontend experience powering Tia.
One of Tia's superpowers is her design, personality and sass. You'll be charged with bringing her to life for our users. This is a "white space" role that will demand creativity, experimentation and a passion for challenging current UX paradigms.
Today, Tia is an iOS app that uses an innovative conversational interface to help women access information and guidance to manage their sexual and reproductive health. Tia is part bot-powered, part human powered -- all accessible in one interface. As a part of our upcoming roadmap, we'll be expanding the capabilities of Tia to include a marketplace to purchase products through conversational commerce and bring higher impact health insights to users through data visualization tools.
What you'll work on:
- Build an innovative wellness tracking system within Tia from the ground up. This will involve developing a unique data entry platform for users as well as exploring integrations, such as HealthKit.
- Scaling our system to help women get answers to all their reproductive healthcare questions through our bot.
- Help conceive of, and build, Tia's community experience
- Build out a marketplace that connects women to the right products and providers based on their needs, including a click-to-buy interface.
Your ongoing responsibilities:
- Closely collaborating with the Head of Product to design & build an innovative chatbot conversation system
- Iterate on Tia's UI/UX through closely collaborating with our team of all-star designers
- Work closely with the Lead Engineer to formulate contracts for frontend to backend communication
- A/B testing and optimizing the product to ensure women are getting the most use out of our innovative conversational UI
- Develop, test, and iterate on prototypes quickly
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of product
Some key facts about you:
- You're hungry to make a meaningful impact on women's health, and see a huge opportunity to reform a broken industry
- You seek out fast paced teams, as in, you have an allergy to not iterating quickly
- You have an eye for design, revel in the details of an app that brings users a smile, and are constantly looking to understand users’ problems
- You have 2+ years experience writing iOS apps -- preferably in Swift
- Prior experience working at a start-up is a plus
- Understanding of websockets is a strong plus
- Familiarity with node.js is a plus
- Experience with web front end is a plus
- Must be located in, or willing to relocate to, San Francisco
- We’re a small, yet mighty team that’s obsessed with helping women make independent and informed healthcare decisions with confidence
- We champion individual ownership, self-starters, and personal growth on and off the job
- Collaborative thinking is our mojo
- A strong affinity for tacos, post-it notes, dance parties, tequila-based cocktails & puppies is required
Email [email protected] to get in contact about the role!