Who are we?
Thanx helps offline retailers build deeper, data-driven relationships with their best customers by integrating loyalty, feedback, referrals, and personalized marketing tools.
Thanx is backed by some of the best VCs including Sequoia Capital and Icon Ventures. We recently raised a $17.1M Series B to accelerate the company’s growth. We have, since then, grown the team by 250% and seen significant increases in key business metrics including user count, transactions processed, and MRR.
We are in the early stages of growth but well on our way to significant success. We Embrace Diverse Perspectives. We Focus On What Matters. We Make It Happen. We Say “Thanx” Generously. As corny as it may be, we literally say “Thanx” to each other in company all-hands.
Who are you?
- You are someone who is Passionate. Passionate about your role, problems to solve, sales, or anything else. That passion energizes you.
- You have a 'hunter' mentality. You are eager to make new connections, learn about new clients, uncover pain and solve challenges with conviction.
- You love the thrill of the chase. You love to compete and win.
- You are wildly curious. You are always looking for opportunities to learn and grow. You can adapt to new ideas, process and concepts.
- You recognize you're part of a whole. You learn from others, teach those around you, and truly care about the people you work with, leading to a better outcome for everyone.
- You are very comfortable with technology. The product is not overly complex, but we have found it is very helpful to be able to explain how it works when asked – and we use a lot of tech for demos throughout the sales process.
What about the sales team?
We love to learn, and our culture reflects that. We also love to WIN. We are passionate about the markets we serve, the problems that we solve and the products that we sell. We sell knowing that if our clients don’t succeed, we don’t succeed. We sell with integrity, urgency, and passion. We give you the room to be creative, but give you the support to succeed. In exchange, we expect a 100% results-oriented effort!
- Manage an assigned territory to 100% attainment of monthly quota through a combination of passed SQL's and outbound territory management
- Close 600k in business in your first year
- Manage sales cycles from opportunity to close which requires attention to detail and strong execution in all phases of the merchant buying cycle
- Be a power user of SFDC and other sales technologies to ensure proper documentation, execution and accurate forecasting
- Work collaboratively with Merchant Success to ensure the proper onboarding of clients to create an elevated merchant experience that leads to long-term use of the Thanx loyalty platform
- Develop and execute a territory plan for an assigned geography based territory that includes strategies to penetrate named clients across multiple retail sectors as well as manage outbound campaigns that generate qualified leads
- Work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple customer engagements at the same time, all at different stages of the buying lifecycle
- Be able to develop and present articulate, accurate and focused summaries of client challenges, the Thanx solution, associated value propositions and ROI models, sometimes unique to each client
- Minimum 1.5 years’ experience selling, preferably SaaS or a technology-based solution
- Ability to navigate and close a sale with multiple decision makers, this is not a "transactional sale"
- Experience developing and delivering compelling sales presentations utilizing online web demos
- A hunter mentality with proven success creating business in new or highly competitive markets
- A clear history of being a team player, contributor, and positive thinker
- Proven familiarity (and training) with consultative selling methodologies, including a passion for the Challenger sales approach
- An understanding of a startup environment and willingness to break through walls, wear multiple hats and inspire everyone around you to do great work
- A BA/BS from an accredited university, this is required.
Nice to have:
- Experience selling software to brick and mortar businesses (POS, Restaurant Software, etc.)
Ready to change your life? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.