What would you do?
- Be responsible for bringing new partners on board quarterly in order to consistently grow our business
- Identify prospective college partners based on their mission alignment and history of commitment to student success
- Develop and execute strategies for driving partnerships and revenue with our team
- Build and manage your pipeline of prospective college partners; become an expert on a region and understanding the complexities of that specific market as opposed to others
- Consult senior executives at colleges and universities across the country to discover their needs and educate them about RaiseMe
- Present on RaiseMe at conferences, and have in-person meetings with prospective and existing partners at these events
- Assess our sales process and continuously question the current way we work, and think big about how we can improve it
- Identify opportunities to improve our product offering based on deep understanding of the needs of our students and partners
- This is an individual contributor role.
This job might be for you if you're:
- A Doer: You are driven, self-motivated and a self-starter who brings your ideas to life and takes pride in results. You are resourceful and find ways to get things done regardless of the obstacles. You are not fearful of failure and realize that failure is often a step closer to figuring out what works. Taking on complex challenges excites you, even if you have to ask for help or spend some time figuring out where to begin.
- Organized: You are detail oriented and can handle having a variety of different projects on your plate at one time because you are good at keeping track of them. You can create a structure for yourself to be most successful.
- A Talented Communicator: You are a “people person” who enjoys communicating with people and has a strong awareness of those around you. You are thoughtful about the way you communicate and the impact that may have on a client. You have the ability to sense when a conversation is progressing in a positive or negative way and have the confidence to address concerns. When you are passionate about a cause, you are able to rally everyone around you.
- Confident but Self-Critical: You are confident in your skills and the quality of your work product. At the same time, you are not afraid to ask for help and want to constantly be improving. You value honest, action-oriented feedback and believe that we can use it as a tool to improve as a team.
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you are in a rush to do it. You may have worked in education or edtech before or your desire to improve education may come through in other experiences from your life.
Who we are looking for:
For the Business Development Manager role, we are looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience in a client facing role, preferably sales. Our Business Development team includes individuals from diverse backgrounds, including banking, consulting, education, and tech. We are looking for candidates who are hungry to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment and who have a proven track record of success in their past roles and experiences.
What will success look like for you at RaiseMe?
- You will have consistently brought new partners on board the RaiseMe platform, meeting and exceeding quarterly goals set by the Business Development team, to drive revenue and grow our business.
- You have helped millions of students to achieve their potential and fulfill their college ambitions. The product and company you have helped build transform the way billions of dollars in financial aid are distributed each year.
- You have built strong relationships with senior leaders from top universities, corporations, and foundations across the country.
- You have helped build a category-defining company and have an attractive equity stake.
- You have learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience.
At RaiseMe, we're focused on ensuring that all students have the opportunity to achieve their college and career ambitions. We're looking for passionate, high-achievers who want to build a company that will help millions of students. If that's you, join our team!