You spearhead all of our software development efforts. You’re responsible for the software that begins with an electrical engineer’s design process and ends with him or her receiving a custom printed circuit board assembly manufactured by our robotic factory. Given that software is the key to providing electrical engineers with the fastest and most seamless development tools, you will play a central role in powering a hardware revolution.
You have a passion for automating manual processes and building software that delights both internal and external customers. You have led teams, and know how to delegate tasks to other developers to get the job done. You've got 10+ years as a software developer, 5+ years of Python experience, and you know how to wear multiple language hats. Fundamentally, we're looking for someone who has built something complex and tangible and is excited to do it all over again.
To learn more about working at Tempo, visit our careers page.
- Recruiting - increase the size of our engineering team by an order of magnitude in the coming years
- Mentorship - among your highest leverage activities is developing the members of your team
- Technical decision-making - your knowledge of software engineering guides your recruiting and development efforts
- Direct team development efforts towards successful and timely project delivery.
- Lead the design and implementation of web applications and CAD augmentations embedded with manufacturing knowledge
- Lead the design and implementation of logistics and factory coordination software.
- Maintain high standards of software quality by establishing good habits
- Model thoughtful decision-making about how to ship early and often without accruing excessive technical debt
- Supervise maintenance and support of existing software applications
- Identify and propose optimizations to our development process
- 10+ years as a software engineer, 5+ years Python with a focus on Django (preferably) or Flask
- Experience growing an engineering team from low single digits to 20+
- 3+ years managing a team of engineers
- Experience with APIs
- Experience with Python services/daemons
- Experience in performance analysis (e.g., SQL optimization, page response times, etc)
- Competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Experience leading projects and delegating tasks
- Able to participate in a team, yet function autonomously
- Unlimited vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting from work and we trust you to responsibly manage your vacation time and get your work done. We offer an open vacation policy for salaried employees.
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy employees. We cover 100% of the premium for our base health, dental, and vision package, which includes the choice of Blue Shield Silver ($1,250 deductible) and Kaiser ($0 deductible).
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack drawer and free companywide lunches to bring everyone together and fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Transparent and sociable culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.