What if electronics manufacturing moved as fast as software development? At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team!
What does Tempo Automation do?
We’re building a state-of-the-art software system that works in conjunction with an automated factory to allow our customers to go from a CAD design to a fully functioning circuit board in just 3 days.
Why join us?
Solving a real pain point — Electrical engineers don't have the luxury of a tight feedback loop. While software engineers tweak their code, run it, and quickly see the results of those changes, electrical engineers usually wait several weeks to receive prototype boards and continue iterating on their designs.
Tempo is fixing that. We know that high-quality circuit boards can be manufactured quickly; we do it every day! In order to continue to take on more complex customer designs, offer more powerful insights into those designs, build and design new factories, and make everything run smoother and faster, we are looking to hire the best of the best.
Big market and great growth — Every company in the world that produces electronics in any form stands to benefit from developing their products with Tempo. The market for electronics prototyping is roughly $230 billion; it contains everything from rocketry and automobiles to thermostats and industrial equipment.
Positive impact on the world — We will significantly accelerate the progress of multiple industries that affect billions of people every day. Looking for a leveraged way to help humanity and move technology as a whole forward? Here it is!
Tempo Automation is actively hiring a Lead Product Designer to join our growing team! We are looking for someone who can design a system that enables electronics engineers to focus on the creative, lead and architect the user experience for our customers and ultimately own the creation of our products, brand, marketing channels and our factory/office space.
- 5+ years of working experience as a Product Designer (UI/UX) within a B2B (commercial) space
- Proven examples of creating a work flow from start to finish
- Proficient in web design
- Experience with early customer iteration and communication
- Knowledgeable of the latest design technologies (REACT, Flag Design, Material design, etc.).
Nice to have:
- 3+ years of commercial product design experience
- Strong information design skills with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent graphic design skills (layout, typography, color)
- Mastery of design tools: Sketch, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop
- Ability to generate pixel-perfect production assets
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Superb attention to detail
- Comfort collaborating with customers, sales and marketing, engineering, and operations
- Ability to synthesize and analyze huge amounts of information
- Ruthless prioritizer
- Own the user experience and brand strategy of Tempo products
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables.
- Help to invent a modern and elegant visual language that spans the desktop, web and hardware experience
- Act as a champion for utility, aesthetics, and ease of use
- Create and improve design documentation including storyboards, mockups, information architecture and prototypes
- Collaborate with Software, Hardware, Marketing and the Leadership team
- Conduct user research and integrate user feedback and business requirements
- Unlimited vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting from work and we trust you to responsibly manage your vacation time and get your work done. We offer an open vacation policy for salaried employees.
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy employees. We cover 100% of the premium for our base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack drawer and free companywide lunches to bring everyone together and fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Transparent and sociable culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing rockets, drones, medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!