As one of the fastest growing e-commerce and logistics companies in Asia, RedMart offers an unparalleled scaling a startup experience. Our culture: entrepreneurial, fiercely intelligent, team oriented, deeply creative and whatever you add to it! We’re fanatical about improving our customer experience and providing “wow” customer service. We're interested in talented, creative and passionate people joining our All-Star team who believe in our mission: To save our customers time and money for the important things in life!
The Discovery team is responsible for driving customers to find and shop for relevant items on RedMart's e-commerce websites and mobile applications. We cover search technologies, catalog management and recommendation services to deliver a great customer experience. We are looking for software engineers who are passionate about being customer-first, value simplicity, and build rock solid systems which can scale to support our growth and high traffic and handle complex data flows across multiple systems. If you have experience in search, personalization or data retrieval systems that’s a big plus.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Play a key role in a cross-functional team of engineers, designers and product managers in Discovery to develop innovative new technologies and data driven features and products . You’ll need to have superb communication skills and thrive in a collaborative environment and be committed to the success of the team as a whole.
- Learn the business and get close to users and customers. Your customers are internal users and consumers. First hand experience with all the domains you connect has no substitute.
- Design, implement and test robust technical solutions. Write clean code that’s testable, maintainable, solves the right problem and does it well. Code you can be proud of.
- Have the opportunity to and be expected to innovate and demonstrate your creativity. Do you have ideas on how to improve the customer shopping experience or effectively use a new technology? Can you find a way to do what others thought impossible?
Our Tech Stack:
- Microservices written in Java or Scala using Play Framework, and occasionally NodeJS.
- React or AngularJs for web apps.
- MongoDB or Postgres for storage.
- AWS infrastructure, with HAProxy, Nginx, Redis. Chef deployments.
- GitHub, Travis CI and Trello for development tools.
- Testing with JUnit, ScalaTest, FrisbyJS, Calabash and Selenium.
- Kafka, Spark, AWS Kinesis and AWS Redshift for our data infrastructure.
What do we look for in a candidate?
- Perseverance. Building a great company that customers love is hard work. Many challenges await and we are looking for team members we can count on when things get tough.
- Impact. We are result oriented. We value people who focus on the right things and get them done.
- Passion for technology. Our developers are always evaluating new tools and technologies that can make us better. What has attracted your interest lately?
- Excellent understanding of web development: HTTP, cookies, headers, caching, HTML5, CSS3, DOM. Cross browser/platform development.
- Experience with a modern JS framework (AngularJS, ReactJs, Backbone, Ember, etc)
- Good sense of design, UX and simplicity.
- Use of best practices such as TDD, BDD, continuous integration, continuous deployment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Nice to have: experience with Flux, Mocha/Jasmine, Grunt/Gulp, phantomjs, AWS, bash.
What do we offer?
- Awesome startup experience
- Interesting problems and smart coworkers
- Opportunity to grow your skills and learn new ones
- MacBook Pro
- Tons of work + fun (foosball, xbox and interaction with awesome people)