Thousands of businesses use Geckoboard to build live TV Dashboards that focus teams on what matters. We take the complexity out of connecting data and make it simple for anyone to understand key metrics at a glance. We have pre-built integrations with 60+ tools including Google Analytics, Salesforce, Zendesk, Intercom and Google Sheets and our customers include Marketo, Slack, and Skyscanner.
We have been reimagining the way our customers get their data in Geckoboard and have a lot of interesting and creative work to do to shape their experiences. We’re looking curious problem solvers to help us on this journey.
Based from our London office, you'll be joining a friendly team with great people in an environment with empowered engineers, flexible working conditions, and a focus on skill development (see "Life at Geckoboard").
As one of our Senior Backend (Golang) Developers:
- You will help architect, design, and build Geckoboard’s future data pipeline.
- You’ll maintain and optimise our existing infrastructure and services.
- You will build solutions in Golang on a day-to-day basis.
- You’ll provide technical guidance and advice to your peers.
- You will be involved in the prioritising and evaluation of our work.
What our Backend (Go) Developers are working on:
- We’ve completely rebuilt the way that we bring data into Geckoboard, by separating queries (which metrics a customer wants) from the specifics of API calls and aggregation operations (how to perform that query). Thanks to our new integrations platform, written entirely in Go, we can use declarative metadata to specify a third-party API, and let our in-house query planner decide how to execute queries against it. We recently shipped a brand new Zendesk integration and followed that with a Freshdesk integration that was up and running within a week.
- We now have ambitious plans to expand our platform, from supporting completely different kinds of integrations, to adding transparent, content-aware caching to all API calls, as well as capturing rich telemetry about the execution of our queries and using it to drive scheduling decisions for keeping all metrics up-to-date.
- You should be able to demonstrate experience with, and have a solid grasp and passion for the Go language.
- If you’re excited about working on distributed systems and database technologies at scale, we’d love to hear from you. We’d also love to know if you have any experience or aspirations to become a Team Lead. While this position is not for a Team Lead position, there will be opportunities to move into that role.
Life at Geckoboard:
- We’re constantly striving to ensure that we offer the most encouraging, inclusive, and efficient environment possible.
- We don't just pay lip service to work-life balance, we actively and strongly encourage it. Flexible working hours and the ability to regularly work from home lets you work in a way that fits you and your family. We see our contractual obligation to offer 25 days of paid holiday as a minimum for everyone in the organisation, not a limit.
- We actively contribute to professional development, courses, conferences, and books. We also run fortnightly "Innovation Wednesdays", where everyone has complete freedom to work on anything that interests them, from contributing to open source, to learning a new skill, or improving our internal tools and processes.
- And, don’t take our word for it, see what the team say about the projects they work on: https://medium.com/geckoboard-under-the-hood and their experience of working with us on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Geckoboard-Reviews-E878996.htm. You can also read more about our values and benefits on our Careers page at https://www.geckoboard.com/careers/.