Are you ridiculously organized, detail-oriented and self-driven?
Sonder is looking for a permanent, full-time Accounting Supervisor to be based in Denver, Colorado. As we rapidly expand our growth, we are seeking a full-time skilled Finance Supervisor to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
If you’re up for a challenge and excited about working on a dynamic and fast-paced team, we can’t wait to meet you.
The Accounting Supervisor reports to the Financial Controller, and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures, processing and monitoring receipts and revenues. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that the Sonder’s finances are accurate and up to date, that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
AT SONDER YOU WILL
- Keep the wheels on the bus in the Accounting Department by managing the AR and AP clerks and ensuring everything is running smoothly and efficiently - whether it’s entering invoices into the system for payment approval, paying vendors, contacting customers for payment or managing inbound payment inquiries, it’s yours to manage.
- You’ll investigate abnormalities and oversee the reconciliation of monthly payments.
- Ensure that vendors are paid in a timely manner whether by cheque or credit card.
- You will ensure customer payments are up to date.
- You will monitor the performance of the AR and AP clerks on a daily basis and provide updates to the management team.
- Perform the day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that Sonder’s finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services;
- Ensure accounting transactions are properly coded to Xero accounting platform (Netsuite in the future);
- Monitor bank statements, and ensure applications in the system are correctly made;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgers;
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, bookkeeping, analytical, time management and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work well with other managers from a wide range of department areas;
- Ability to work flexible hours as required;
- Microsoft suite of products (MS Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Knowledge of Xero and/or Netsuite an asset
- You have strong computer skills with proven ability in Excel to create tables/reports and utilize formulas
- We are constantly striving to be better and we look to our staff for ideas/suggestions – Kaizen! You will identify areas of improvement and recommend new processes, following through to implementation.
- You embody the Sonder values and will own the culture.
- You are the “go to” person for various operational accounting projects and are passionate about helping people.
- You have previous experience in a Supervisory role and can jump in to assist AR and AP when needed.
- Accounting degree, relevant certification, or enrollment into an accounting program is encouraged;
- Must have at least two (2) years of recent and successful employment experience with an office administration environment with exposure to financial processes and procedures;