We are currently seeking a high-performing, extremely motivated Operations Manager, with a proven track record of starting, operating and growing an IT Business (Consulting Services) in the heart of Berlin, and a desire to work in a fast-paced, agile, structured environment.
This position involves responsibilities ranging from set-up of the company office, recruitment of resources (HR, Mobile App Developers, etc.), mentoring and effectively managing the team, overseeing operations, and distilling the vision of the Company founder and growing the business as per the guidance provided.
Additionally, the Operations Manager will be involved in strategizing performance data and reporting that into goals and measurable metrics, while working hands-on with the Executive Team headquartered in the United States to fulfill the plan with the objective of championing the growth of the company.
With 15 years of industry experience and rapidly expanding nationally and internationally, the company offers increases to reward exceptional performance, a culturally diverse work environment, invigorating company culture and full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and pension fund.
- Ability to recruit select employees in Q4 (2017), while working with the Executive team to plan for growth in 2018
- Ability to establish operations in Berlin, by sourcing office space, obtaining a lease and negotiating favorable terms, working with the Tax Office and other entities
- Ability to continue growth (successful consultant placements) and profitability well into FY 2018 and beyond
- Available to travel to the United States for 60 days for on-boarding, planning and understanding the business’ core set of expertise
- Available to the executive team via phone, text and email, SLA of 5-minutes response time during business hours; 15-minutes response time after-hours, including aligning work hours to the home office time zone as deemed necessary
- Serve as a primary liaison to various internal and external constituencies on behalf of the executive team and manages correspondence and communication
- Responsible for managing all PNL aspects of the business (ultimately resulting in quarterly profit for the home office), including: Employee Payroll, Corporate Expenses, R&D Credits and Corporate Taxes, Account Payables, Account Receivables & Collections, Client Bill Rates, Experience with Accounting Software (Xero), Departmental Budget & Spend
- Utilizes knowledge and judgment, to prioritize events and meetings for optimal time management
- Project managing various efforts as requested by the home office.
- Accountable for and ownership of critical business drivers and individual employee performance results
- Ability to foster and cultivate a strong performing team as defined by: limited terminations, resignations or project failures and retention of on-site and off-site teams, by motivating them and developing their skills
- Ability to meet all internal hiring as identified by the Executive Team and as specified, based on growth projections
- Establishing and managing the Technical Department: Measuring performance and growth of the technical team by observing a positive trend in interview conversions and project confirmations. Growing the business by launching of niche technologies: iOS and Android Mobile Development
- Establishing and Managing the Consulting Department: Measuring performance and growth as defined by Consultant Retention, tenure of employment and overall consultant satisfaction
- Bilingual in Deutsch and English
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field, and 3+ years of experience in starting, operating and growing a business
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage one’s own time appropriately given ever changing priorities
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff on an agile basis, as well as outside clients and vendors and to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
- Advanced level experience in procuring and negotiating vendor services for optimal value
- Maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality and interact with appropriateness and professionalism with all entities, including home office
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication, professional image and work ethic
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office that include working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONTEXT
- Extended work hours may be required, including working hours to align with other time zones, based upon home office’s request