We (sequel.com) are looking for a DevOps specialist - who brings best practice thinking and practical application in automated and efficient software delivery.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced Software Engineer/ Developer well matched to Sequel's technical stack (see below). You will have moved naturally into a role encompassing automation consulting, infrastructure design and implementation and application release automation.
You are, or aspire to be
- a key player in a team focused on innovating great software (design, build, deliver);
- the go-to authority on continuous delivery, able to drive significant improvements in speed, reliability and visibility of change;
- skilled in architecting a comprehensive continuous delivery solution encompassing numerous .NET web / worker microservices
- well experienced in the use of C#.Net, SQL, Git, NUnit, Powershell, VMWare, MS Build, VSTS and TFS, and a whole lot more
- curious and open to sharing expertise
We need you to demonstrate the capability to operate flexibly within a challenging environment and ideally show us a track record based upon experience and/or a strong academic career that includes good English language and general communication skills
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design and deliver continuous delivery solutions
- Create and maintain a set of tools to help with the delivery and release quality assurance
Critical competencies include:
- Qualification: a completed degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics;
- 2 years’ experience delivering complex continuous delivery pipelines
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimum guidance
- Self-starter and innovative.
- Forming deep partnerships with development and delivery teams
- Strong logical, analytical, and troubleshooting skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
We can offer the right candidates the opportunity to: ·
- Join a growing, award-winning, highly sociable company.
- Play a key role in creating continuous delivery tooling to optimise no-downtime deployments of services
- Deliver core strategic solutions to major national and international customers. ·
- Join a talented delivery focused team ·
- Live and work in Malaga, with opportunities to work from our office in London from time to time
- Earn a competitive package commensurate with your skills and delivery capabilities, this includes private medical insurance, luncheon vouchers, life insurance.
Other things we do and support:
- We are behind dotnetMalaga, the technical community for MS developers in Malaga.
- We provide free lunch on Wednesdays, while we do training.
- We provide English classes during working hours.
- Work 7 hours per day.
- Take holidays when and with the format you like, half days for example.
NB: The successful candidate will complete a comprehensive orientation & training programme to gain a general appreciation of the insurance industry, a detailed understanding of our clients' business and their specific business processes.
In order to be considered for any of these roles you must be able to demonstrate proof of eligibility to work in the EU and hold a valid work visa if applicable.
If you are interested and have questions, or you simply want to apply, please do so using our dedicated email account firstname.lastname@example.org.