What we do
BEYOND (bebeyond.co) is spearheading a new generation of businesses - ones that remain agile as they grow. We do this by transforming the way companies plan their numbers - their budgets.
BEYOND liberates financial information from the confines of the finance team, giving all employees real-time control and visibility over their own budgets. We combine contemporary design, visual analytics, machine learning and elements of social media to bring budgeting up to speed with modern business.
We're looking for talented and passionate engineers to join our London-based team. Let's have a chat - email@example.com
For too long, budgeting has meant monstrous spreadsheets or impenetrable business software - unintelligible to all except a few finance professionals. We need you to help us change this.
As a full-stack developer at Beyond you will be building core components to power the future workplace. You will be given the opportunity to use the latest technologies and take ownership of whole features - from requirements analysis to release.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll be working on:
- Integrating key finance and productivity tools with Beyond, such as Xero, Asana and Slack.
- Automating core workflows to help users focus on the value-add activities.
- Building components which slice and dice huge datasets, making them meaningful to Beyond’s different users.
- Helping us implement our upcoming Machine Learning features (don’t worry if you don’t know ML, we’ll teach you!).
- Working with our talented front and back end teams to deliver whole features - front end components that users will love, linked to a robust and efficient back end.
Skills you Need
- Demonstrable experience of working with a range of APIs
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, databases...)
- Experience working with big json blobs - knowledge of Lodash, Underscore or equivalents
- Demonstrable experience of software architecture and design patterns
- Good working knowledge of non-functional concerns such as testing, security, scalability, extensibility, etc.
Skills that would be Useful
- Experience with NodeJS, MongoDB, Meteor & ES6
- Experience working in a team and shipping features
- Comfortable with standard development practices and build tools, including version control, DRY and automated testing
- Some exposure to DevOps - working knowledge of Docker and container orchestration
Why join us?
- Our product is built to empower employees across companies and this leads our culture here at BEYOND HQ.
- You'll be working closely with our talented team, evolving your skills and making life easier for 1000s of users across the world.
- You will gain a unique understanding of how businesses operate, from the innards (accounting systems, expenses & income) all the way to management (projects, reports) and planning (budgets, forecasts).
- We’re backed by an awesome group of angels and institutional investors - battle-hardened CEOs, tech leaders and SaaS gurus.
- Budgeting is core to how almost all businesses work, yet most do it terribly. Getting it right will be huge - our platform is positioned at the heart of the modern enterprise SaaS stack, carving out territory in a vast yet underserved market.
- We'll pay you a salary of £30k-47.5k, dependent on experience
- We're also offering equity up to 1%
BEYOND is already being used by multiple companies, managing millions of pounds worth of budgets - check out our demo
Got any questions or interested in applying? - Drop us an email [No recruiters please].