Avrios is the first, fully digital vehicle fleet manager for companies of all sizes. Customers use our platform to buy, maintain and sell their company cars while we automate all the data entry and our smart analytics automatically identifies savings potentials for them.
We call Zürich our home, but with a team featuring over 16 nationalities, we are a group of talented people from around the world. Fostering a truly open and progressive culture, combined with state of the art engineering and creative approaches to marketing and sales — working at Avrios is a powerful mix of purpose, challenge and most of all fun.
Being an engineer at Avrios
What you tell your family you do: ‘I am building an app that companies use to manage their car fleet. No, I will not fix your computer.’
What you really do:
- Work on a web application with a fast growing customer base
- Develop and build solutions to automate thousands of data entries for our customers
- Build it in such a way that users actually like using the information we provide them with
- Work in a data-driven team of 5-7 other engineers (back- and front-end)
How you do it:
- You are an allrounder in a SCRUM-team, working closely together with the CTO and CPO. You have your specialisation but are adept to handle a variety of tasks
- Customer success is providing fun puzzles to solve every day and brings you close to the users (but not too close!).
- You have plenty of room to experiment and discuss priorities with the team.
- You work closely together with the team to reach ambitious deadlines. There is always room for great ideas (and nerf gun battles).
- You make data-driven decisions, leave gut-feel to the marketeers
- You use the right tool for the job. Decisions from the past are not sacred
Our stack includes Java (Spring Framework), Hibernate and PostgreSQL bundled into services running on AWS. The frontend is an AngularJS app that consumes the REST api the backend provides and is written in ES6.
What we ask for
- You are a professional software engineer with experience in building and running large, complex and scalable web applications
- You have 2+ years of experience with Java, Spring and Hibernate
- You have a desire to actively participate in shaping our architecture and designing new services
- You have a passion for UX and a desire to build intuitive, simple to use yet powerful interfaces
- You love working in a customer oriented environment and with direct contact to customers
- You feel comfortable discussing complex technical topics in English, speaking German is a plus
- You have a Swiss or EU passport (or other permit that allows you to work in Switzerland)
What we offer
- Money (salary and stock)
- Startup perks (ping-pong table, unicorns, parties, snacks, drinks, etc.)
- MacBook Pro and additional widescreen
- 25 days of paid leave, as long as you promise to come back!
- Time, budget and guidance to invest in your personal and professional growth
- Flexible working hours
- Support in relocating to Zurich (if necessary) so you’ll never be more than 30 minutes away from the Swiss Alps