Tab helps tourist businesses to take bookings and get paid, all over the world. We focus on emerging markets in Latin America, Asia and Africa, and our platform is now working in 20 countries. We work with hotels – from budget to boutique – and activity operators like dive schools, surf lodges and yoga retreats. Our proprietary tools and payment infrastructure already help hundreds of independent tourist businesses to grow and to offer better experiences to travellers, by saving time and cutting payment fees. We're working on ambitious plans to help travellers make the most of their precious time abroad, while empowering local tourism operators across the globe. Tab is one of the only London-based startups to be backed by Y Combinator. Our early team has deep experience across travel, finance and technology, and backgrounds from Cambridge University, Harvard and BCG.
About the role
We’re early-stage and nimble, so expect a broad variety of work and the freedom to make a big impact quickly! We’re looking for an all-round star to join our Growth Team as one of our first employees.
Here’s a selection of things you might work on:
- Devising and testing different ways of getting tourist businesses to sign up and start using Tab.
- Running digital marketing campaigns on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
- Handling questions and feedback from our business customers and travellers (we all pitch in with customer service).
- Analysing our numbers, to discover what works and what doesn’t.
- You may also spend time on the ground, talking to tourist businesses in Latin America (and beyond).
We’re looking for a lot! You don’t need to meet all of these, but the more the better:
- You’re ambitious and want to help build something large – if you do well, you’ll be leading a team before you know it.
- You’re happy doing mental arithmetic on the fly, and you know your way around Excel.
- You’ve had hands-on experience at a business, running a society or on a side project (bonus points if you’ve done some digital marketing).
- You write well, with a good eye for design.
- You love to travel – you’ve done a stint of backpacking, and you want to do a lot more.
- You’re happy in an unstructured environment, where priorities can change and hours can be longer than 9-5 (note: we’re nowhere near consulting/banking hours!)
- You have a sense of humour – startups can get stressful, so it’s best if you can laugh things off.
- You don’t have to google too many terms on this (eclectic) list: LHR, JFK, GPRS, IMAP, CPC, MAU, USD, MXN.
- Extra credit for spoken and written Spanish!
- Recent graduate with a 2:1, ideally in Maths/Engineering/Science/Economics from a top university
- You have the right to work in the UK (we’re based in Farringdon, London)