Future Energy Ventures is looking for an ambitious Principal (f/m/d) to join our Team in Germany
Future Energy Ventures is a venture capital firm, 100% backed by E.ON SE, one of Europe’s largest operators of energy networks and energy-related infrastructure. As a unique venture capital platform with offices in Germany, Israel, and Silicon Valley, we bring together investors, corporate partners and world-class start-ups to accelerate the energy transition. We invest in start-ups in Series A and Series B stage building the future of energy, incl. future cities and future technology and focus on CO2 reduction impact. Starting a new chapter, we seek to launch an independent fund with a target size of €250M funding from top-tier financial and strategic investors, including E.ON SE.
At Future Energy Ventures our success is driven by our team and our talents we bring to delivering our shared vision to secure the future of our planet. Our team manages about 50 portfolio companies, including companies such as Tado, Bidgely, eSmartSystems, Thermondo, and Enervee, with deep experience in energy transition and adjacent sectors, such as mobility and proptech. Our global relationships, venture capital and energy industry expertise are at the heart of our success. We are globally recognized as one of the most experienced and impactful energy transition and climate technology venture capital investor.
We believe that bringing people with different talents and experiences together, and investing in their strengths, skills and capabilities, is the reason for our success today and in the future.
- Responsible for investment segment thesis preparation, deal flow generation, opportunity screening, moving an identified opportunity along the investment process
- Management of joint discussion and relationship with target company, identifying commercial stakeholders and presentation of deals at Investment Committee
- Market link (knowledge of and continuous contact with): Trade fairs and conferences, researching organizations, incubators, selected companies and external financial community relevant for or active in assigned investment segments
- Managing the whole deal management cycle, initiating and conducting deals and investments, defining the right strategy and approach for investments and managing relevant stakeholders within the investment segment
- Conduct due diligence on potential investments as deal lead or in collaboration with other team members
- Monitoring investments, reporting and developing their performance actively by acting as board director or observer mandates
- Commercial relationship link means ensuring a healthy commercial relationship of portfolio companies with our partners
- +5 years of relevant working experience in a fast-paced/high-performance environment such as Venture Capital / Private Equity or VC funded start-up at a C-level
- Substantial experience from a Venture Capital fund with deal and transaction experience
- Strong experience/knowledge of IT or Digital Ventures market plus ideally energy or climate tech ecosystem
- Academic record in computer or natural sciences or engineering with additional business qualifications is a plus
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a strong personal presence
- Commercial mindset with attention to detail and excellent analytical competence
- Excellent project management, financial analysis and modeling skills, and commercial insight
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment to plan and manage a variety of projects and meet deadlines, show initiative, and take on responsibility
- Ability to thrive under ambiguity and demonstrate creativity and intellectual flexibility in an uncertain and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in German and English; additional language skills are a plus
- Very good Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Diversified work environment with challenging tasks and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and attractive benefit packages
- Deep insights into various digital business models, contributing to investments in Series A and B stage start-ups and subsequent investments in later-stage start-ups
- Highly professional, cooperative, and friendly working culture in a flat structure that leaves room for personal development and offers a steep learning curve
We at Future Energy Ventures are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity for the benefit and well-being of our team members, future colleagues, and partners. We will never tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, disability status, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
We are looking forward to your application (incl. Cover Letter, CV and references) in German or English, including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.