Simbase builds a global communications platform for IoT devices.
Businesses of every size—from new startups to public companies—use our software and connectivity to connect their smart devices around the world. Serving customers in over 40 different countries on all continents. Our mission at Simbase is to help customers navigate the ambiguous landscape of IoT and to convert ideas into a productive reality.
We are looking for a Head of Operations to lead our services delivery and global customer support. The Head of Operations is a key role on the leadership team, who will have three main objectives. You’ll be enabling Simbase to scale 10x by making sure service delivery reaches it maximum efficiency potential. You’ll also be responsible for giving our customers an amazing experience from the moment they’ve signed up.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic development of the operations function, as well as the day to day performance and the development of the team. Be a player/coach and be willing to do the work, teach the work and hire the best people for the work globally.
We take an automate first approach to service delivery, so you will take responsibility for product management for the tools we need. With this process, you need to identify the efficient delivery and support systems and translate delivery processes into automated workflows. Measuring the efficiency of your operations playbook is critical to giving this freedom, so knowing how to measure success is critical.
If you are a leader who is motivated by complexity, passionate about building and developing a high-performing team, and executing the strategy for an organization, and is interested in diving into a quickly growing team and company, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Take a leadership position to scale operations globally.
- Be the clear “owner” for delivering our services to customers. Making our customers instantly successful is the key driven of growth at Simbase.
- Build out and lead our global support team and provide them with clarity, structure and processes to provide world-class customer support.
- Ability to identify repeated customer issues and build scalable solutions and processes to address them.
- Be the product manager to our internal management tools for support agents and service delivery.
What you’ll bring
- BA/BS and 3+ years of experience in related roles like consulting, strategy, business development, project management, and services delivery.
- A passion for scaling a business globally.
- Superior communication skills in English.
- Flexibility - things change around here.
- Be willing to do the work, teach the work and hire the best people.
- The intellectual horsepower to understand IoT connectivity and our different customer groups in a matter of weeks. The curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come.
What We Offer
- See your ideas become reality and truly transform how Simbase works
- The chance to set up systems and processes from scratch
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast-growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Free team lunches.
- Good work equipment. It’s important to us you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
Apply for this job
If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some impressive skills to the team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you. Our hiring process is personal and fast. We’ll respond within 24 hours to set up an introduction call or let you know if we’re not a match.
Please read the steps below and take advantage of the tips given.
Please write us a carefully crafted email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share a link to your Linkedin, personal website or blog.
Attach your Resume/CV and cover letter.
Hit send and get a response within 24 hours.