SYTE is a brand new Startup founded in Münster in 2021. We are developing a real-estate data and analytics platform that helps to identify and analyze building potentials. We believe that data and AI is the game changer in the early planning processes to create more living space in a more sustainable way.
Python Development at SYTE
At SYTE, we aim to utilize publicly available remote-sensing data with the well-established artificial intelligence technology to enable researchers and urban developers to make informative decisions. Our single-page application accesses our platform via REST APIs powered by containerized Python applications. We truly believe that Python is the right language to build up both our data science stack and the app backend.
As a Senior Python Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing new features in our app backend services. In addition you will collaborate closely with our data science team to process and analyze large amounts of (geo) data.
Your main tasks to:
- Implementation of new APIs and features in the backend (FastAPI)
- Writing database queries and migrations (PostgreSQL, BigQuery)
- Write unit- and integration tests
- Write Kubernetes resource files for deploying applications into the cloud environment
- Helping our data engineers to setup complex data pipelines
- Setup CI pipelines for test and deployment automation
- Automate workflows where possible
We are looking for an open-minded and motivated senior Python engineer with strong experience with building Web/API applications. You will be part of a collaborative and growing app development and data science team based in Münster and Berlin offices with the possibility to work remotely.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Python development
- 3+ years of experience in creating API backends for web applications
- Strong experience with build process and test automation
- Strong experience with cloud environments (preferably but not necessarily Google Cloud)
- Experience with asynchronous programming paradigm (ideally with FastAPI or Tornado)
- Experience with Docker (and Kubernetes)
- Fluent in writing shell scripts
- Knowledge with frontend technologies such as JS, TypeScript, ReactJS is nice to have
- Experience with geo-data is beneficial
- Experience with data-pipelines is beneficial
We offer a fast growing startup with motivated and loveable colleagues. You will find experienced colleagues you can exchange knowledge with. At the same time you have a lot of freedom and trust to fulfill your creative ideas. You already find a decent amount of structure but there is still a lot of green field you can shape (in terms of the tech-stack but also the company structures and culture).
Most of the team members are located either in Münster or in Berlin but working remotely is fine too. We meet regularly as we believe it is all about the team and spending time together is strengthening our relationship. We feel like a family where everyone respects each other to the fullest extent. And last but not least, your work is appreciated by your colleagues, by your supervisors and our customers (NPS score 10/10).
- Virtual stock options to participate in the monetary success
- Your personal piece of forest (natural reserve sponsorship)
- Home Office Equipment
- Personal Development Budget (for Conferences, Trainings, E-Learning, Paper Publishing)
- Urban Sports Membership & weekly Yoga Sessions in our Office
- Awesome Team Events and Off-sites
- Brand new hardware of your choice
We are looking forward to your application!