audvice unlocks the power of voice messages for companies to share information more effectively across their teams, partners and customers.
We are a female-led startup based in Austria with a team of dedicated and committed people who are working remotely across different countries. We believe that audio is the future and aim to be the ones who bring it to the corporate world to make people smarter and more productive.
We are looking for a passionate Head of Engineering to join our remote team at audvice.
The role of the Head of Engineering will be to play a key role in the development and growth of our company. You will be expected to actively contribute to the overall strategy of the company, in particular by setting the technical direction and scaling strategies for further growth on both the business and technology side.
You would also be the day-to-day sparring partner of the CEO and Founder and be responsible for the development of an Engineering strategy matching the business goals. Your role would have a strong focus on optimising product and software development processes. You will be responsible to build up the engineering team with and help them to effectively execute on the product timeline.
- You partner with our CEO and Lead of Product Management to define, prioritize and realize our product roadmap
- You translate our product roadmap into a highly scalable and cost-efficient architecture leveraging modern technologies
- You lead and enable a strong engineering team of backend and frontend developers to execute on the product roadmap through setting objectives, coaching, empowering, hiring and retaining talent
- You drive our technical roadmap and ensure the daily business delivers against its objectives
- You provide leadership to the development department and coach, mentor and develop your direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement
- You set department OKRs and monitor ongoing progress and performance
- You work with our Product Lead to identify the business areas where the company can add value and drive the team to deliver success in these areas
- You are responsible for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of an Information Security Management System according to the requirements of our customers
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in modern technology with 3+ years in management of distributed engineering teams ideally in a high-growth company
- You have the ability to speak the language of engineering, product and stakeholders, and translate seamlessly between them
- You are a structured thinker who can support the breakdown of complex projects to logical milestones from the technical standpoint
- You have experience or strong interest in leading a team while getting your hands dirty programming when needed
- You have a strong leadership expertise with the ability to attract, motivate, and hire a top level Engineering team
- You have strong prioritization and project management skills and understand the business impact of different solutions
- You can highly identify with our product offer, have an excellent understanding of product requirements and the ability to align them with technical strategy
- You understand the tradeoffs for different architectures, are comfortable with making decisions and argument them
- You are familiar with the relevant information security standards and already have experience with their implementation or are confident that you can quickly become proficient in this topic.
- You have a good command of written and spoken English. Good communicator. German is not required (but considered a plus)
- We are a remote-first startup with flexible working hours
- Strong ownership from the first day and the freedom for decision making: you will actively shape an early-stage SaaS startup and product
- Work in a flat hierarchy with an open and transparent communication culture
- A diverse, international, supportive and highly motivated team
- Regular team events at different locations to work on our goals, celebrate achievements and have fun together
OUR TECH STACK
We believe in operational excellence along with our development tasks. You build code, ship, and maintain your applications in our stack:
- Frontend: React Native, React, Java or Kotlin, Objective C or Swift
- Backend: Node.js, Express, Postgres, Knex
- Dev Ops/Infrastructure: Github, AWS, Heroku
Audio is booming and we are the ones to unlock its potential for companies across the globe. We help fast growing companies to master the challenge of keeping remote and hybrid teams connected, informed and productive. We drink our own champagne, which means we use audvice ourselves for exactly this purpose. This allows us deliver and sell a great product that meets our customers needs.
Now is the right time to join us in our growth journey!
Join our remote team
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage you no matter of all ethnic backgrounds, genders, and sexual orientations to apply for this role.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single criteria in the job description, please get in touch anyway. We would like to talk to you and find out if we would be a good fit for you.
Please note that we are looking for the best talents who are eager to let audvice grow. As a remote company based in Austria, we don't mind if you are located in Berlin, Vienna or anywhere else in Europe.
Our interview process is designed to give both of us ample time to decide whether we'd be excited to be working with each other, as well as giving you all the information you might need to make an informed decision.