About Tomorrow’s University of Applied Sciences
Tomorrow University of Applied Sciences is Germany’s first open digital university, founded by serial entrepreneurs with the mission of building a student-centered challenge-based learning platform to develop and empower change makers who will help us create a better tomorrow today.
About the position:
You will help set up scalable business operations for our company, support and lead strategic projects along the way by working in close collaboration with our Head of Operations. Your main tasks will include:
- Develop and optimize a company-wide controlling system to track KPIs for every part of our business together with the Head of Operations;
- Support in the preparation of annual accounts and monthly financial statements;
- Improve Financial Forecasting, Controlling and Cash Management;
- Build, grow and optimize efficient accounting processes by working closely with relevant stakeholders (suppliers, customers, tax advisors, public administration);
- Take ownership for projects regarding the founding and development of our own accredited university (Tomorrow University of Applied Sciences);
- Implement a rock-solid contract management system;
- Support with Legal Affairs, e.g. setup of student contracts, partnership agreements, legal compliance;
- Support with raising and closing funding rounds and debt capital;
- Prepare reports for investors and advisory board meetings;
- Take ownership for strategic cross-functional projects in collaboration with the Head of Operations.
You should have knowledge and experience in:
- Academic background in business administration, economics, or related field, ideally with a focus on finance;
- Knowledge of (German) Accounting Standards and Financial Planning;
- Relevant practical experience through internships, own projects and/or first working experience;
- You treat large data sets with ease and are an excel expert;
- Demonstrated experience in setting up your own projects (not necessarily a startup, but something that you have built on your own);
- Startup Experience is a big plus;
- Emotional Intelligence: You have good people skills and know to identify team dynamics;
- You are humble & trustworthy;
- You are a self starter, organize your work independently and like to take on responsibility;
- Growth mindset: you see challenges as opportunities to learn. You are ambitious;
- You speak German and English fluently.
You will need to have the following skills & abilities:
- Self-leadership skills and ability to work independently;
- Skills and drive to push projects ahead independently;
- Ability to think analytically and an above-average comprehension;
- Ability to work under time pressure;
- Outstanding skills in simplification and communication at all levels;
- Ability to simplify and communicate on all level;
- Ability to work across departments.
What can we offer you?
- We believe in remote working culture. But we won’t miss out on the fun parts of work only possible in the physical world: Twice per year, the whole team meets for a 1-week workation at a different place around the globe.
- A steep learning curve, and development opportunities
- Hands-on practical experience from an early stage startup
- Work with experienced people from the Startup-World
- Flat hierarchies, as well as short and open channels of communication
- The opportunity to join a both well-funded and sustainable startup with huge growth potential.
Build the 21st century university with us!
Do you care about education and impact? Grow with us and shape the education space!
At Tomorrow University of Applied Sciences, we believe in the power of you and your own merit much more than we believe in degrees! Sounds weird for an education provider? That's Tomorrow's Education! So feel free to send us whatever you think represents your superpowers best